- 6 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, 1 teaspoon oil, basil, rosemary and salt; set aside. Brush bread with remaining oil and sprinkle with garlic powder. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned. Using a slotted spoon, top bread with tomato mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 431 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 862 mg sodium, 71 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Bruschetta
"I really enjoy this recipe, it is very simple and tastes great! Perfect appetizer during the summer months."
"I found this recipe to be bland. Recommend making mozzarella Tomato Tartlets!"