- 6 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, 1 teaspoon oil, basil, rosemary and salt; set aside. Brush bread with remaining oil and sprinkle with garlic powder. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned. Using a slotted spoon, top bread with tomato mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 cup: 431 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 862mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Bruschetta
"I really enjoy this recipe, it is very simple and tastes great! Perfect appetizer during the summer months."
"I found this recipe to be bland. Recommend making mozzarella Tomato Tartlets!"