A crowd-pleaser any time of year, this savory-tasting recipe is perfect for get-togethers.—Debbie Manno, Fort Mill, South Carolina
- 8 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, rosemary, pepper and pepper sauce if desired. Pour over tomato mixture; toss to coat.
- Place bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. With a slotted spoon, top each slice with tomato mixture. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Bruschetta with Prosciutto in Country Woman
Reviews for Bruschetta with Prosciutto
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review