I'm always on the lookout for recipes that are lower in cholesterol for my family. If you find yourself craving Italian food, this delicious 30-minute meal hits the spot. —Susan Wholley, Fairfield, Connecticut
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup prepared bruschetta topping
- 1/3 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat broiler. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle with pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken over medium heat 5-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Transfer to an 8-in.-square baking pan. Spoon bruschetta topping over chicken; sprinkle with cheeses. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 5-6 minutes or until cheese is golden brown. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Bruschetta-Topped Chicken & Spaghetti in Simple & Delicious October/November 2013, p19
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Bruschetta-Topped Chicken & Spaghetti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review