Bruschetta-Topped Chicken & Spaghetti
I'm always looking for ways to "lighten up" recipes. I consider this dish a healthier version of the classic. It's so full of flavor, you'll think you're cheating on your diet. — Susan Wholley, Fairfield, Connecticut
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup prepared bruschetta topping
- 1/3 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat broiler. Cook spaghetti according to package directions;
- drain. Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/2-in.
- thickness. Sprinkle with pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated
- with cooking spray, cook chicken over medium heat 5-6 minutes on
- each side or until no longer pink.
- Transfer to an 8-in.-square baking pan. Spoon bruschetta topping over
- chicken; sprinkle with cheeses. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 5-6 minutes
- or until cheese is golden brown. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 1 cup spaghetti equals 431 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 641 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 40 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 3 starch,