- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup prepared bruschetta topping
- 1/3 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat broiler. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle with pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken over medium heat 5-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Transfer to an 8-in.-square baking pan. Spoon bruschetta topping over chicken; sprinkle with cheeses. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 5-6 minutes or until cheese is golden brown. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Bruschetta-Topped Chicken & Spaghetti
"Was very tasty, but just okay. Would make again, but not something I would make all of the time. I used the fresh tomato bruschetta recipe from this site for those people who do not want a store bought mix."
"What is prepared bruschetta?? I won't be making"
"I made this a few days ago and it was a big hit! I didn't have italian cheese blend on hand so I just made a mixture of mozzarella, romano, and parmesan cheeses. Broiling the chicken for 5 - 6 minutes would have been far too long. The cheese was browned after about 2 1/2 minutes, so I just took it out at that point. I make my own bruschetta, which my family loves, and that may have had some bearing on how well it went over. Will definitely make this meal again."
"I buy prepared Bruchetta from the mediterranean bar at Wegmans in the deli section. I've also found a jarred version in other markets but I like the fresh version better."
"This was quick and so delicious, just my kind of recipe after a busy day! By the way "prepared" bruschetta means "all ready made as in store bought" that is probably why there is no recipe shown for it."
"This was good. The other reviewers might have thought that this was a special kind of topping so they were looking for a recipe for it. The bruschetta recipe is simple enough for it to have been included."
"Bruschetta is simply diced plum tomatoes, fresh basil, garlic and olive oil. You can add balsamic vinegar also if you like."
"You can also find prepared bruschetta in your supermarket."
"Easy to find how to make bruschetta. Google"
"I also could not find the Bruschetta recipe. Really want to try this recipe but is not any good without the Bruschetta. I would only rate this 3 stars with that important recipe."