- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup prepared bruschetta topping
- 1/3 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat broiler. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle with pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken over medium heat 5-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Transfer to an 8-in.-square baking pan. Spoon bruschetta topping over chicken; sprinkle with cheeses. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 5-6 minutes or until cheese is golden brown. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Bruschetta-Topped Chicken & Spaghetti
"I made this a few days ago and it was a big hit! I didn't have italian cheese blend on hand so I just made a mixture of mozzarella, romano, and parmesan cheeses. Broiling the chicken for 5 - 6 minutes would have been far too long. The cheese was browned after about 2 1/2 minutes, so I just took it out at that point. I make my own bruschetta, which my family loves, and that may have had some bearing on how well it went over. Will definitely make this meal again."
""Soo yummieeei recently found one of best recipe site for all type of chicken recipeshttp://www.reciflix.com/#/category/nonveg/subcats""
"I buy prepared Bruchetta from the mediterranean bar at Wegmans in the deli section. I've also found a jarred version in other markets but I like the fresh version better."
"This was quick and so delicious, just my kind of recipe after a busy day! By the way "prepared" bruschetta means "all ready made as in store bought" that is probably why there is no recipe shown for it."
"This was good. The other reviewers might have thought that this was a special kind of topping so they were looking for a recipe for it. The bruschetta recipe is simple enough for it to have been included."