Prepared polenta can be found in the Italian, ethnic section or refrigerated section of your grocery store.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 tube (1 pound) polenta, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup bruschetta topping
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook polenta slices in oil over medium heat for 2
- minutes on each side or until golden.
- Place the bruschetta topping in a microwave-safe bowl; cover and cook
- on high for 1 minute. Spoon 1 tablespoon onto each slice of polenta;
- sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 slices equals 116 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 603 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.