- 1/2 pound reduced-fat bulk pork sausage
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 package (6 ounces) sliced turkey pepperoni
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups chopped plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Additional fresh basil leaves, optional
- In a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Place crust on an ungreased baking sheet. Top with pepperoni, sausage and cheese. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, sliced basil, oil, garlic, thyme, vinegar, salt and pepper. Spoon over pizza. Garnish with additional basil if desired. Yield: 8 slices.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Bruschetta Pizza
"Really good pizza. Loved the freshness of it."
"Why do people give bad ratings for something they haven't even tried? IT WAS GREAT!"
"This is not Pizza"
"This pizza was very good. It kinda fooled people with the sausage and pepperoni on the bottom where you couldn't see them. Will make again ."
"Very quick and easy to make. My whole family loved it... even my 3 year old."
"We have made this since it was first published in TOH 2010!! LOVE IT!! We use grilled chicken breast tossed with Buffalo wing sauce instead of sausage sometimes! Great for football parties!"
"This might be one of THE BEST pizza recipes my husband and I have ever tasted. For convenience, I use a can of drained "Italian Style" diced tomatoes...the topping is sooo good."
"this pizza is delicious!! a super way to use basil from my garden!!"