You might need a knife and fork for this hearty pizza! Loaded with Italian flavor and plenty of fresh tomatoes, it's bound to become a family favorite. It's even better with a homemade, whole wheat crust! —Debra Kell, Owasso, Oklahoma
- 1/2 pound reduced-fat bulk pork sausage
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 package (6 ounces) sliced turkey pepperoni
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups chopped plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Additional fresh basil leaves, optional
- In a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Place crust on an ungreased baking sheet. Top with pepperoni, sausage and cheese. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, sliced basil, oil, garlic, thyme, vinegar, salt and pepper. Spoon over pizza. Garnish with additional basil if desired. Yield: 8 slices.
Originally published as Bruschetta Pizza in Taste of Home June/July 2009, p43
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Bruschetta Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review