I made this awesome bruschetta for my daughter’s baby shower, but I should've planned for more. We ran out right away! —Coleen McCrea Katz, Havertown, Pennsylvania
Featured In: 20 Wedding Shower Recipes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 24 slices French bread (1/4 inch thick)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Additional minced fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended; stir in tomatoes, onion and 2 tablespoons basil.
- Spread cream cheese over bread slices; place slices on greased baking sheets. Top with tomato mixture; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 7-9 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with additional basil. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Bruschetta Melts in Taste of Home June/July 2015
Reviews for Bruschetta Melts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 1, 2016
"Simple to make and very tasty! Didn't have any spreadable cream cheese mixture, so I made my own with cream cheese (softened) and real chives and onion powder. Very adaptable recipe."
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2015
"This is a great recipe for appetizers."