- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 24 slices French bread (1/4 inch thick)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Additional minced fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended; stir in tomatoes, onion and 2 tablespoons basil.
- Spread cream cheese over bread slices; place slices on greased baking sheets. Top with tomato mixture; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 7-9 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with additional basil. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Bruschetta Melts
"Simple to make and very tasty! Didn't have any spreadable cream cheese mixture, so I made my own with cream cheese (softened) and real chives and onion powder. Very adaptable recipe."
"I made these for a small dinner party and everyone loved them! These will be on my holiday appetizer menu this year!! Just terrific!"
"This is a great recipe for appetizers."