Bruschetta from the Grill Recipe
Dijon mustard, mayonnaise and oregano make a savory spread for chopped tomatoes, garlic and fresh basil in this fun twist on a favorite appetizer. This grilled bruschetta gets rave reviews every time I serve it. —Mary Nafis, Chino, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling Grill: 5 min. YIELD:8-10 servings
- 1 pound plum tomatoes (about 6), seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery or fennel bulb
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- MAYONNAISE SPREAD:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. For mayonnaise spread, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, onion, garlic and oregano; set aside.
- 2. Grill bread slices, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Turn bread; spread with mayonnaise mixture. Grill 1-2 minutes longer or until bottoms of bread is toasted. Drain tomato mixture; spoon over tops. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 268 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 735 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC