- 1 pound plum tomatoes (about 6), seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery or fennel bulb
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- MAYONNAISE SPREAD:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. For mayonnaise spread, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, onion, garlic and oregano; set aside.
- Grill bread slices, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Turn bread; spread with mayonnaise mixture. Grill 1-2 minutes longer or until bottoms of bread is toasted. Drain tomato mixture; spoon over tops. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Bruschetta from the Grill
Sort By :
"This was yummy! All the flavors blended perfectly. I did add a sprinkle of fresh Parmesan cheese on top. I also put it under the broiler until cheese was melted. Will make again....and again!"
"These are wonderful! I used a loaf of leftover sliced French bread which was already buttered and sprinkled with garlic, one pound of chopped tomatoes from the garden, draining the excess juice, celery versus the fennel, and 1 tbls. of fresh chopped oregano instead of the dried in the spread. The comments are VERY positive."
"This was excellent - great flavors. The tomato mixture, on it's own, would also make a great salsa."
"They were a surprising hit!"
"I first had bruschetta as a teen several years ago and fell in love with it. I must say, at first the thought of Dijon being part of bruschetta took me a little bit by surprise, but I am SO glad that I followed this recipe to the letter because it was simply amazing! The mayonnaise spread adds zing that to my mind traditional bruschetta has been missing! LOVE this, my family and our guests really enjoyed it, very easy, the grilled taste was phenomenal, will definitely be making this many, many more times!"