- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place flour and egg substitute in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in flour, then in egg substitute; place in a greased 13-in.x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, mix cheese, bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over chicken.
- Loosely cover baking dish with foil. Bake 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, toss tomatoes with the remaining ingredients. Spoon over chicken; bake 3-5 minutes or until tomato mixture is heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Bruschetta Chicken
"So good!! It will be a "do over" in our house. Tastes like restaurant quality!!!"
"Followed the recipe to a T and it turned out shall we say not so good. It looked nothing like the photo which should have been my first clue when I saw what looked like an omelet under the chicken. Usually you do egg then flour so I dont know if this was the problem or if it was suppose to be like this. Too much basil and garlic for 1/4 c of bread crumbs. Wont be trying this one anymore."
"While we made one swap, the bruschetta topping for the chicken was so delicious. The combination of basil, tomato, garlic and cheese is one of our favorites and we adored it on the chicken. We lightened it up by using grilled chicken instead of the breaded. It was VERY, VERY good! We served this with some spaghetti squash and a side salad for a complete, healthy meal."
"Made this for dinner tonight and everyone loved!"