Bruschetta Chicken Wrap Recipe
- 2 plum tomatoes, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- Dash garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces Galbani® Mozzarella Cheese, cut into 4 slices
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 1. In a small bowl, mix tomatoes, spinach, onion, Parmesan cheese, basil, oil, vinegar, 1/8 teaspoon pepper and garlic powder.
- 2. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Sprinkle chicken with salt and remaining pepper; place on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- 3. Top each chicken breast with one cheese slice; cover and grill 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Grill tortillas over medium heat 20-30 seconds or until heated through.
- 4. Place chicken on center of each tortilla; top with about 1/4 cup tomato mixture. Fold bottom of tortilla over filling; fold both sides to close. Yield: 4 servings.
1 wrap equals 330 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 569 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.