- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place flour and eggs in separate shallow bowls. In a third bowl, combine bread crumbs and cheese. Dip chicken in flour, then eggs; coat with bread crumb mixture.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon over the chicken. Return to the oven for 3-5 minutes or until tomato mixture is heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Bruschetta Chicken for Four
Sort By :
"I recall using this recipe from Taste of Home and using a 14.5 to 15-oz. can of Italian-diced tomatoes, drained,( instead of the 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped) and 1 tsp. Italian seasoning, the flour, 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs, the 2 beaten eggs, the chicken breasts, 1 Tbsp. butter OR margarine, melted, 1 Tbsp. canola oil, the garlic cloves, salt and pepper.I didn't use basil. I dipped the chicken in flour, then eggs and coated with the bread crumb mixture. I drizzled with butter. I'd baked for at least 45 minutes or until chicken was fork-tender. After combining the tomatoes, Italian seasoning, oil, garlic cloves, salt and pepper, I spooned over the chicken and returned to the oven for 3 to 5 minutes until heated through. It's a really tasty recipe, too! Thank you for sharing it!delowenstein"
"We absolutely loved this chicken! My husband said he could eat it all the time. Plus it is so easy to make! This recipe is a keeper!!"
"This was different and good. My husband seemed to like this better than I did."
"Have made a number of times and glad you had the recipe on line since we are on vacation in FL and did not have it with us. We have to entertain and thought this would be the best to serve."
"Excellent! I used Pablo bread crumbs for an extra crunch."