Bruschetta Chicken for Four Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place flour and eggs in separate shallow bowls. In a third bowl, combine bread crumbs and cheese. Dip chicken in flour, then eggs; coat with bread crumb mixture.
- 2. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon over the chicken. Return to the oven for 3-5 minutes or until tomato mixture is heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 topped chicken breast equals 380 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 185 mg cholesterol, 589 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 42 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.