One of the best ways to showcase garden-fresh tomatoes is in this sure-to-please bruschetta. When time allows, you can make the mixture earlier in the day.
- 6 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, 1 teaspoon oil, basil, rosemary and salt; set aside. Brush bread with remaining oil and sprinkle with garlic powder. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned. Using a slotted spoon, top bread with tomato mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Bruschetta in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2004, p7
Reviews for Bruschetta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review