Brunswick Stew for Three Recipe
Chock-full of vegetables, chicken and ham, this hefty soup-like recipe from Dianna Wissinger in Lawrenceburg, Indiana packs its own heat on chilly days! It's a real Southern classic, she says. Tip: Heat up extra cream-style corn for a side dish with dinner.
- 2 cups water
- 2 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3/4 pounds), skin removed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/3 cup cream-style corn
- 1/3 cup frozen lima beans
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- Dash pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, chicken, onion and ham. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken; cool slightly. Remove meat from bones; discard bones. Cut meat into bite-size pieces; return to the pan.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until potato is tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Brunswick Stew in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p8
Reviews for Brunswick Stew for Three(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Stew Recipes >
- Chicken Stews >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Stew Recipes >