Brunswick Stew Recipe
- 1 pound bone-in pork loin chops
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves, skin removed
- 1 pound beef top round steak, cut into bite-size pieces
- 6 cups water
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs, toasted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place pork the chops, chicken and round steak in a large Dutch oven; cover with water. Cover and cook for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Strain stock into another large kettle; refrigerate overnight. Remove bones from meat; dice and place in a separate bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, skim fat from stock. Add the tomatoes, onion, tomato sauce, vinegar, sugar, garlic and pepper sauce. Simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes.
- Add the kernel corn, cream-style corn, reserved meat; heat through. Stir in bread crumbs; season with salt and pepper. Yield: 6 quarts.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Brunswick Stew
Sort By :
This is not therecipe I use . It's good but needs more ingredients , baby limas, green beans , Liquid smoke for flavor , a couple of dashes of hot sauce also helps . Thank you , Derrell