I've always loved portobellos for their "stuffability." I combined my favorite ingredients for this rich, savory main dish that's wonderful for breakfast, brunch or even dinner! —Sylvia Waldsmith, Rockton, Illinois
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup shredded Gouda cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- Salt and pepper, optional
- Place mushrooms, stem side up, in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Spoon spinach onto mushrooms, building up the sides. Carefully crack an egg into the center of each mushroom; sprinkle with cheese and bacon.
- Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until eggs are set. Sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Brunch-Style Portobello Mushrooms in Simple & Delicious December/January 2013, p32
Reviews for Brunch-Style Portobello Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review