Brunch-Style Portobello Mushrooms
I’ve always loved portobellos for their “stuffability.” I combined my favorite ingredients for this rich, savory main dish that’s wonderful for breakfast, brunch or even dinner! —Sylvia Waldsmith, Rockton, Illinois
Want more recipes to inspire your morning? Take a peek at our Best Breakfasts and Brunches Guide
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup shredded Gouda cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- Salt and pepper, optional
- Place mushrooms, stem side up, in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x
- 1-in. baking pan. Spoon spinach onto mushrooms, building up the
- sides. Carefully crack an egg into the center of each mushroom;
- sprinkle with cheese and bacon.
- Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until eggs are set. Sprinkle
- with salt and pepper if desired. Yield: 4 servings.