- 4 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup shredded Gouda cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- Salt and pepper, optional
- Place mushrooms, stem side up, in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Spoon spinach onto mushrooms, building up the sides. Carefully crack an egg into the center of each mushroom; sprinkle with cheese and bacon.
- Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until eggs are set. Sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Brunch-Style Portobello Mushrooms
"These are delicious. Instead of using frozen creamed spinach, I saute fresh spinach with some scallions, salt, pepper and nutmeg."
"This was great. I didn't have bacon so cut up precooked link sausage. I also made it once in the microwave and that worked well."
"Enjoyed these very much... easy to make. I used fresh chopped spinach, cheddar instead of Gouda, and added a little chopped ham. I ran out of eggs and had to make one with no egg.... It was even better without it!"