- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 small zucchini, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups cubed day-old bread
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the vegetables and ham; cook and stir until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and cream until smooth. Gradually beat in eggs. Stir in the remaining ingredients and vegetable mixture.
- Transfer to two greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 casseroles (8 servings each).
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Brunch Strata
Sort By :
Family loved it. Served this on Christmas morning and it was a huge hit. Sautéed all veggies before hand and all is had to do was crack some eggs Christmas morning. The cream cheese made it extra special. Cut my recipe in half but next year will make full batch and freeze anything left for another morning. But who's waiting till next year. Making this again tomorrow.
This is a winner! The only change we made was substituting olive oil for the canola oil and only used about a tablespoon or so to cut down on the fat. We sauteed the veggies with the oil in a large wok which made it easier to stir everything. It received rave reviews and requests for the recipe. This is a keeper.
I haven't made it yet, but am very much looking forward to it. I'm confident it will be delicious. I was wondering if I could make it the night before. An answer ASAP would be great!
Made for Thanksgiving breakfast. Delicious!!
Rave reviews by all! So delicious!