Brunch Strata Recipe
Ham, zucchini, mushrooms and cheese flavor this rich, hearty egg dish. It adds appeal to a breakfast or lunch buffet and cuts easily, too. Make sure you bring the recipe—everyone will want it! —Arlene Butler, Ogden, Utah
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 small zucchini, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups cubed day-old bread
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the vegetables and ham; cook and stir until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and cream until smooth. Gradually beat in eggs. Stir in the remaining ingredients and vegetable mixture.
- 3. Transfer to two greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 casseroles (8 servings each).
1 piece equals 299 calories, 22 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 211 mg cholesterol, 641 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Reviews for Brunch Strata
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC