"When I have overnight guests, I serve this speedy skillet dish for breakfast," reports Valerie Putsey of Winamac, Indiana. "Onion, green pepper and mushrooms add a bounty of flavor they love."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 12 eggs
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and mushrooms in
- butter until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt and pepper.
- Add egg mixture to vegetables in skillet; cook and stir over medium
- heat until eggs are almost set. Sprinkle with cheese and chives.
- Cover and cook until eggs are completely set. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 357 calories, 27 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 485 mg cholesterol, 1,050 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.