"When I have overnight guests, I serve this speedy skillet dish for breakfast," reports Valerie Putsey of Winamac, Indiana. "Onion, green pepper and mushrooms add a bounty of flavor they love."
Recommended: 21 Breakfast Sandwiches Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 12 large eggs
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and mushrooms in butter until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to vegetables in skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are almost set. Sprinkle with cheese and chives. Cover and cook until eggs are completely set. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Brunch Scramble in Quick Cooking July/August 2000, p12
Reviews for Brunch Scramble
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2017
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2013
"My husband does a breakfast club for the boys only - and they made this and loved it but added a jalapeno pepper because they like it spicy - a good one"