Brunch Scramble Recipe
"When I have overnight guests, I serve this speedy skillet dish for breakfast," reports Valerie Putsey of Winamac, Indiana. "Onion, green pepper and mushrooms add a bounty of flavor they love."
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 12 eggs
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and mushrooms in butter until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to vegetables in skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are almost set. Sprinkle with cheese and chives. Cover and cook until eggs are completely set. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Brunch Scramble in Quick Cooking July/August 2000, p12
Reviews for Brunch Scramble(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2013
My husband does a breakfast club for the boys only - and they made this and loved it but added a jalapeno pepper because they like it spicy - a good one
More Recipe Collections
- Eggs Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Scrambled Eggs >
- Simple Breakfast Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >