- 7 eggs, divided use
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 8 ounces sliced deli ham (1/4 inch thick)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- SAUSAGE GRAVY:
- 3/4 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 envelope country gravy mix
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, whisk 6 eggs, milk, salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until blended.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat butter over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture; cook and stir just until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining egg with water. On a lightly floured surface, unfold one sheet of puff pastry and roll to a 10-in. square. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Arrange ham over pastry to within 1 in. of edges; top with scrambled eggs. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Brush beaten egg mixture over edges of pastry. Roll remaining puff pastry to a 10-in. square; place over filling. Press edges with a fork to seal; cut slits in top. Brush top with additional egg mixture; sprinkle with remaining pepper. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, wiping skillet clean if necessary.
- In same pan, prepare gravy mix according to package directions. Stir in sausage. Serve with pastry. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forBrunch Puff with Sausage Gravy
"I prepared this recipe today and it was an instant winner. There are several steps but they go fast. We loved this delicious puffed breakfast. The sausage gravy was good but the dish could stand alone without it. Your choice. We cleaned our plates. Would make a beautiful dish for company. I highly recommend this recipe.Volunteer Field Editor"
"Oh, my, combines lots of good breakfast foods into one delicious dish. Love to serve this for family brunch or for catering jobs!"
"This recipe intrigued me. I LOVE IT!!! how fun, how easy!! It is delicious!"