Brunch Potatoes Recipe
This dish is a big hit with my family—and at the church breakfasts and brunches that I often cater. The recipe can easily be cut in half for breakfast for two...or doubled or even tripled for a crowd!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 5 to 6 potatoes (about 2 pounds), cooked, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cornflakes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, soup, sour cream, onion, green pepper and cheese. Pour into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine cornflakes and butter; sprinkle over potato mixture. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 288 calories, 17 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 478 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC