I love using convenience items, like the crescent rolls in this easy recipe. When I serve it to guests, they always ask me for the recipe. To hurry along the preparation of this dish, I frequently brown a few pounds of sausage ahead of time and keep it in the freezer.—LaChelle Olivet, Pace, Florida
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, crumble sausage and cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Unroll crescent dough onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of a lightly greased 13x9-in. baking pan; seal seams. Sprinkle with sausage.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk and pepper; pour over sausage. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Brunch Pizza Squares in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p16
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Brunch Pizza Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review