Brunch Pizza Squares
I love using convenience items, like the crescent rolls in this easy recipe. When I serve it to guests, they always ask me for the recipe. To hurry along the preparation of this dish, I frequently brown a few pounds of sausage ahead of time and keep it in the freezer.—LaChelle Olivet, Pace, Florida
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, crumble sausage and cook over medium heat until
- no longer pink; drain. Unroll crescent dough onto the bottom and 1/2
- in. up the sides of a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan;
- seal seams. Sprinkle with sausage.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk and pepper; pour over sausage.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes or until a knife inserted
- in the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with turkey sausage, egg substitute equivalent to 4 eggs, fat-free milk and reduced-fat crescent rolls and cheese) equals 243 calories, 13 g fat (0 saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 687 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.