Brunch Pizza Squares Recipe
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, crumble sausage and cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Unroll crescent dough onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of a lightly greased 13x9-in. baking pan; seal seams. Sprinkle with sausage.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk and pepper; pour over sausage. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (prepared with turkey sausage, egg substitute equivalent to 4 eggs, fat-free milk and reduced-fat crescent rolls and cheese) equals 243 calories, 13 g fat (0 saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 687 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.