Whether you serve it for your morning meal or for supper, this flavorful "pie" will fill you up without all the cholesterol. You can make it even healthier by substituting turkey bacon for the bacon. Jessica Salman of Columbus, Ohio shared the recipe.
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon water
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a small bowl, combine biscuit mix and water to form a soft dough.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 7-in. pie plate coated
- with cooking spray.
- Bake at 450° for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the
- oven. Reduce heat to 375°.
- In a small bowl, combine the spinach, egg substitute, sour cream,
- cheese, onions and garlic powder. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with
- bacon. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 pizza equals 365 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 857 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.