Brunch Lasagna Recipe
A professional cook, I appreciate make-ahead dishes like this one. Pop it into the oven before guests arrive...add fresh fruit and muffins...and you have an instant brunch. You can serve it as a hearty supper, too, drizzled with a little salsa.
- 6 lasagna noodles
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 2 jars (16 ounces each) Alfredo sauce
- 3 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat eggs and milk. In a large nonstick skillet coated with butter-flavored cooking spray, cook eggs over medium-low heat until set but moist. Remove from the heat. Drain noodles.
- 2. Spread 1/2 cup Alfredo sauce in a greased 10-in. square baking dish or 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with three lasagna noodles (trim noodles if necessary to fit dish), ham, green pepper and onions.
- 3. Top with half of the remaining Alfredo sauce and the remaining noodles. Layer with scrambled eggs, cheddar cheese and remaining Alfredo sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving equals 408 calories, 24 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 257 mg cholesterol, 1,175 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC