- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 5-7 minutes or until almost tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a 12-in. ovenproof skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles. Remove with a slotted spoon. Discard drippings, wiping skillet clean.
- In same skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add drained potatoes; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook 10-15 minutes or until golden brown, turning potatoes occasionally. Stir in sausage mixture. Remove from heat.
- With the back of a spoon, make eight wells in potato mixture. Break one egg into each well. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until egg whites are set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forBrunch Hash & Egg Bake
"Very good recipe. This recipe has been in my family for generations. In fact, my father's parents made it a lot, but we used ground beef. Either meats would be fine with me as it is good. We didn't place it in the oven. We did it all on the stove top as back then folks were being conservative with electricity and grandma always thought it was cheaper to use the stop top than the oven."