Brunch Ham Enchiladas Recipe
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine ham and onions; place about 1/4 cup down the center of each tortilla. Top with 2 tablespoons cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- 2. In another large bowl, combine the flour, cream, eggs and salt if desired until smooth. Pour over tortillas. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 3 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
1 enchilada (prepared with low-fat ham, fat-free flour tortillas, reduced-fat cheddar cheese, fat-free milk, egg substitute and without salt) equals 247 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 832 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.