Brunch Ham Enchiladas Recipe
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine ham and onions; place about 1/4 cup down the center of each tortilla. Top with 2 tablespoons cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- 2. In another large bowl, combine the flour, cream, eggs and, if desired, salt until smooth. Pour over tortillas. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 3 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
1 each: 247 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 832mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Brunch Ham Enchiladas
"Loved this!!!! It had an awesome flavor and was so easy to make. I did make a couple of changes though - we like a lot of flavor so I saut?ed onion & green peppers and put down the center of each tortilla. I did not have ham so used deli ham and chopped it up instead which worked great. You could also use cooked sausage in place of ham which would be a nice alternative. When preparing the tortillas I drizzled siracha mayo or mustard on them before putting the other ingredients. Just added to the flavor! I will definitely make these again!!!"
"Such a great recipe for the holidays or when you are feeding a crowd. Make the dish ahead of time and then pop it into the oven for a hot and hearty breakfast. This is a keeper!"
"This is a wonderful dish! I used whole grain tortillas, and made some with ham and some with broccoli and mushrooms for my brunch guests who don't eat meat. Both were so tasty, and really easy to make. This recipe is a keeper!"
"Wonderful dish!! I made it with Soy Crumbles instead of meat. Every one loved it and thought the Soy Crumbles were fabulous!!"
"Easy and yummy!"
"I made it lightened up as suggested on the bottom with ff milk instead of half & half. Save the half and half for coffee please! I used beef sausage instead of ham (hubby's preferance) and used half shredded pepper jack and half shredded cheddar on the top. I also took another reviewers idea and put in green pepper. Next time I will saute all the veggies since they were slightly crunchy after cooking. Love the convenience of prep at night and just throwing it in the oven in the am. Great for my honey who works night shift is hungry very early at 6-7am."
"My daughter loved these, but next time I will either switch out the half and half for something else, or use less half and half and more eggs. I was not fond of the extreme half and half taste. Will make these again though and will probably add some sausage and mushrooms."
"Really good .... but I changed a few things to the recipe. I used turkey sausage instead of ham, I sauteed the onions w/ it and added roasted green/red chillies as well. I then cooked hashbrowns and added that to the sausage mix. I used Gouda cheese on the inside and the cheese on top was the mexican mix!The office LOOOOVED it!!!"
"Delicious! I used cooked and drained spicy breakfast sausage, evaporated milk in place of the cream, and I added chopped green chiles on top of the cheese. I also served it with salsa on the side."
"This is great! I saute chopped onion and green pepper in place of the green onion, it is delicious!"
"quick and easy!"
"This was wonderful. So convenient to make ahead and it got rave reviews even from picky people."
"could you use lowfat milk instead of the half and half? firstname.lastname@example.org"
"fast and easy. nice change for breakfast when i'm cooking for a drilling crew"
"This was excellent. Everyone loved it including me and I really don't like eggs that much. Would definitely make for a brunch again."
"I'm always looking for a different recipe for Christmas morning. This was excellant"