- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 2 large firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch chunks
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 medium red apple, sliced
- 1 medium green apple, sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Combine the pineapple, bananas, grapes, oranges and apples in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add the orange juice, lemon juice and reserved pineapple juice; stir until smooth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Pour over fruit; mix gently. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Brunch Fruit Salad
Sort By :
"My daughter made this for a family gathering we had and everyone loved it. I asked for the recipe and have since made it. Yum!!! Great recipe!!!"
"I have trouble finding good fruit recipes that people actually eat. Well, this is it. I made it for a breakfast, and it was very well received."
"yummy and easy!!"
"Very nice, made it the night before and kept in the frig, didn't use bananas, but used a can of mandarin oranges with peaches, added alot more fruit and it was delicious, didn't use of the liquid I boiled and it was just right not too watery. Quick and easy!!!"
"I make fruit salad a lot for holidays, showers, and get-togethers. This one is a favorite for me because it uses some canned ingredients to make it quick and easy, but some fresh as well to make it taste great! The syrup is sweet and delicious. Definitely a make-again recipe!"