Brunch Fruit Salad
This appealing fruit salad from Millie Vickery of Lena, Illinois is a lovely addition to breakfast, lunch or supper. Convenient canned and fresh fruits are tossed with a quick-to-cook sauce.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 2 large firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch chunks
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 medium red apple, sliced
- 1 medium green apple, sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Combine the pineapple, bananas,
- grapes, oranges and apples in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add the orange
- juice, lemon juice and reserved pineapple juice; stir until smooth.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Pour over
- fruit; mix gently. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 161 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.