- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 2 large firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch chunks
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 medium red apple, sliced
- 1 medium green apple, sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Combine the pineapple, bananas, grapes, oranges and apples in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add the orange juice, lemon juice and reserved pineapple juice; stir until smooth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Pour over fruit; mix gently. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Brunch Fruit Salad
"Made this for brunch exactly as the recipe stated. Excellent with Brunch!"
"My daughter made this for a family gathering we had and everyone loved it. I asked for the recipe and have since made it. Yum!!! Great recipe!!!"
"I have trouble finding good fruit recipes that people actually eat. Well, this is it. I made it for a breakfast, and it was very well received."
"yummy and easy!!"
"Very nice, made it the night before and kept in the frig, didn't use bananas, but used a can of mandarin oranges with peaches, added alot more fruit and it was delicious, didn't use of the liquid I boiled and it was just right not too watery. quick and easy!!!"
"I just simply can"t wait to make this delicious fruit salad. I just know my family and friends are going to love . DELICIOUSOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"Simple and delicious fruit salad...easy to do for a crowd since there isn't much cutting. I doubled the fruit, but made the sauce using the measurements listed. If I had doubled the sauce recipe, it would have been swimming in liquid...not like the picture."
"Perfect. The only thing I would do different would be to put the bananas in the bottom, then stir before serving. The bananas stayed good overnight as long as they were completely covered."
"When I think of fruit salad, this is what comes to mind."