- 2 cups ground fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cups sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 to 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- Sour cream
- In a large skillet, saute the ham, onions and green pepper in oil until vegetables are tender. Place 1/3 cup down the center of each tortilla; top with 3 tablespoons cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, flour, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce. Pour over tortillas. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes. Serve with salsa and sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Brunch Enchiladas in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p16
Reviews for Brunch Enchiladas for Four
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2011
"The ham in the filling is a great way to switch up an enchilada. Everyone enjoyed them."
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2011
"We use this recipes almost every weekend we go camping. It's definitely a family favorite!"