Brunch Enchiladas for Four Recipe
This recipe takes me back to when my grandmother would visit. While she prepared one of her delicious meals, she'd give me dough to make my own tortillas. With such "tasty" memories, it's no surprise this is my most asked for recipe!
- 2 cups ground fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cups sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 to 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- Sour cream
- In a large skillet, saute the ham, onions and green pepper in oil until vegetables are tender. Place 1/3 cup down the center of each tortilla; top with 3 tablespoons cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, flour, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce. Pour over tortillas. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes. Serve with salsa and sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Brunch Enchiladas in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p16
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Brunch Enchiladas for Four(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review