- 2 cups unseasoned croutons
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Dash pepper
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place croutons and cheese in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Combine the eggs, milk and seasonings; pour into baking dish. Sprinkle with bacon.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Brunch Egg Casserole
"I made croutons from the last of the "Everything" french loaf I had using 3 tblspns olive oil, 1 tsp italian seasoning & 1 tsp peppercorn & garlic. I microwaved in my Pampered Chef baker for 3 minutes & then followed the recipe exactly until the last item - bacon - we do turkey bacon - and it turned out great! A great savory flavor for a New Year's Day lunch."
"My husband really liked this. It wasn't my favorite though."
"My husband really liked this, but it wasn't my favorite."
"Loved it and my husband did, too. I used day old french bread and pulverized it in my blender in place of croutons. I liked that it didn't have to sit overnight like many other recipes. Thanks!"
"This is my favorite egg casserole to make. Enjoy the fact you don't have to make it the night before, so you can do it last miniute. The only thing I do different is use 5 eggs instead of 4."