There aren't many foods that do a better job of combining two meals - in this case, breakfast and lunch - than cheese and eggs. This dish satisfies a mouthful of taste buds and both hearty and light eaters.
- 2 cups unseasoned croutons
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Dash pepper
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place croutons and cheese in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Combine the eggs, milk and seasonings; pour into baking dish. Sprinkle with bacon.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Brunch Egg Casserole in Country Extra March 1992, p51
Reviews for Brunch Egg Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review