Brunch Egg Burritos Recipe
“This recipe is a family favorite, and has been for years,” Jenny Flake of Gilbert, Arizona writes. “Besides being delicious, the best part about these burritos is that that they're so quick and easy to prepare!”
- 2 cups refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free garlic seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 to 6 drops Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 12 slices ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- In a large skillet, cook potatoes in 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat for 6-7 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, chilies, seasonings and hot sauce. In another large skillet, heat remaining butter until hot. Add egg mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set.
- Layer 1/3 cup potatoes, about 1/2 cup egg mixture, 1/4 cup bacon, 1/2 cup cheese and 1/4 cup salsa off center on each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Brunch Egg Burritos in Simple & Delicious January/February 2008, p27
Reviews for Brunch Egg Burritos(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 29, 2011
my son in law asked to make these again soon. they really are very good.
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Meat Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Mexican Breakfast >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >