- 2 cups refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free garlic seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 to 6 drops Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 12 slices ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- In a large skillet, cook potatoes in 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat for 6-7 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, chilies, seasonings and hot sauce. In another large skillet, heat remaining butter until hot. Add egg mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set.
- Layer 1/3 cup potatoes, about 1/2 cup egg mixture, 1/4 cup bacon, 1/2 cup cheese and 1/4 cup salsa off center on each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Brunch Egg Burritos in Simple & Delicious January/February 2008, p27
Reviews for Brunch Egg Burritos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 29, 2011
my son in law asked to make these again soon. they really are very good.