Here's an easy, tasty dish to make for company that still allows you to spend plenty of time with your guests. I grew up in the heart of Pennsylvania Dutch Country, and food was always the center of attention at our family get-togethers. We think brunch is the best meal of the day to gather and enjoy. —Gloria Rohlfing, York, Pennsylvania
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine cheeses; place 3 cups in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish and set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms, red pepper and onions in butter until tender; drain. Spoon into baking dish. Sprinkle with ham and remaining cheeses.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour and milk until smooth; stir in eggs, parsley, salt, basil and pepper until blended. Slowly pour over cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Brunch Egg Bake in Reminisce March/April 1996, p47
Reviews for Brunch Egg Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review