Brunch Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- 3/4 cup 4% small-curd cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- MAPLE GLAZE:
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a food processor, combine the first five ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; cover and pulse until mixture forms a soft dough.
- 2. Transfer to a lightly floured surface; knead 4-5 times. Roll into a 15x12-in. rectangle. Brush butter to within 1/2 in. of edges. Combine the pecans, brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices. Place cut side down in a greased 9-in. round baking pan.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over rolls. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 roll: 318 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 297mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Brunch Cinnamon Rolls
"Easy, quick and yummy. I cooked in convection oven for 15 minutes."
"Have made these twice and they are really good, and also easy to make.I do not have a food processor, so I just whip them with a whisk, then the kneading brings everything together."
"These were great! It's more like a coffee cake. I might separate them on a cookie sheet next time (or just serve more like it's one coffee cake); because it's a tender biscuit dough they didn't break apart into individual rolls like yeast cinnamon rolls and fell apart easily, but still delicious.I didn't have cottage cheese so used sour cream instead and therefore didn't mess with using the food processor. I halved the nuts and might even reduce the brown sugar to 1/2 cup next time because they are plenty sweet with the icing too."
"I admit I was a bit skeptical because of the cottage cheese and yogurt but the reviews convinced me to try it, and am I ever glad I did. They were fabulous. They were tender and scrumptious - my whole family loved them."
"I have used quite a few cinammon roll recipes mostly all using yeast so wasnt sure about this one but decided to try it and i cant believe how amazing this recipe was the cookies were amazing and from now on i will only use this one so easy no fuss and delicious taste and texture :-)"
"These were really good, especially when I crumbled bacon in the filling and then on top of the maple glaze!"
"First of all , to those of you who rate before trying a recipe just ruin it for others. Second , these cinnamon buns were very tasty and easy to make. Third, I will make again. Thank you."
"I like Cinnamon Buns very much! Reminds me of my childhood days... ??"
"Lahupe - thank you!!!! So irritating when reviewers don't try a recipe but decide to be judge and jury for those of us that actually do. And another thing...if their recipes are sooo much better submit it and let us decide. Excellent recipe the grandchildren loved not only helping make them but eating them as well."
"Looks like a quick delicious way to enjoy cinnamon rolls without it taking half the day & so much better than store-bought tubes because these rolls can be custom made to have all the nuts and cinnamon desired. I cannot wait to make these... LOL... I gave it 5 stars because I, too, resent low ratings caused by those who have not even made a recipe (or have NO INTENTION of ever making it) so I broke my make-first-then-review rule just to slightly counteract the self-absorbed butter. Now off to make the biscuits! --Next day UPDATE 2-27--THESE cinnamon rolls turned out to be just as easy & DELICIOUS as I'd thought they'd be SO... still 5-stars and I'll make then again many times in coming days."
"Love the taste of these rolls! Easy to make with ingredients I enjoy using. Thank goodness for food processors...not nearly as nice when mixed by hand. Grandkids loved them!"
"These were delicious. Very easy to make. I had all the ingredients on hand so I decided to make them. Please don't rate a recipe bakergirlmd until you've tried it. You ruin the ratings for people looking for 5 star recipes. I personally won't look at a recipe unless it has 4 stars or more."
"From the looks, I am going to make them right now.My husband loves all the ingredients separately,so I think he will love them all mixed together"
"Cottage cheese and plain low-fat yogurt that results in a biscuit-textured cinnamon roll? Sorry, but no thank you; I will stick with my traditional recipe!"
"These were delicious for a non yeast recipe! I made them for Easter brunch. I made exaclty as directed. They did take a lot longer to bake though."