- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 10 large eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place 2 cups cheese, ham, green pepper, onion and tomato in a large bowl; toss to combine. Place 1/2 cup mixture off center on each tortilla. Roll up and place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, seam side down.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, cream, flour and seasonings until blended; pour over enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; add toppings.
Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and a knife inserted in egg portion comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casserole. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Cover casserole with foil; bake as directed, increasing uncovered time to 25-35 minutes or until cheese is melted and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Brunch Buddies Enchiladas in Simple & Delicious December/January 2016
Reviews for Brunch Buddies Enchiladas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 29, 2015
"Every easy, l couldn't use all the filling so l'll add it to an omelet. About a generous enough 1/2 cup left. It needs a little spivey hot sauce, tasty."