Brunch Berry Pizza Recipe
This beautiful berry-topped pizza tastes as good as it looks! It's impossible to resist the tender pecan short-bread crust, rich cream cheese layer, glossy berry topping and sprinkling of luscious fresh berries. It's so convenient to make the night before and serve the next morning. —Maria Schuster Wolf Point, Montana
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter. cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-3/4 cups frozen mixed berries, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 2-1/2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Press into an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until crust is set and edges are lightly browned.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat cream cheese, egg and sugar until smooth. Spread over crust. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until set. Cool to room temperature.
- 3. For topping, process mixed berries and sugar in a blender or food processor until blended. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Add mixed berry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Set mixture aside to cool, stirring frequently.
- 4. Spread berry mixture over the cream cheese layer. Arrange fresh fruit on top. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before slicing. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 328 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 139 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC