Brownies in a Cone Recipe
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 17 ice cream cake cones (about 3 inches tall)
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Colored sprinkles
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions, using 3 eggs. Place the ice cream cones in muffin cups; spoon about 3 tablespoons batter into each cone.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and tops are dry (do not overbake). Cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip tops of brownies in melted chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Decorate with sprinkles. Yield: 17 servings.
Reviews for Brownies in a Cone(15)
Sort By :
This is a great, quick and fun recipe! We topped ours with an individual red gummy 'bear' candy to resemble and cherry on top. They are always a hit. We transport ours in a shoe boxes. Just snug enough that they dont move around. Another bake sale tip: use sprinkles that our the school's colors!
Very fun recipe for birthday treats at school for kids, if you're using these for a bake sale try packaging them individually in clear, disposable punch cups then wrap celophane around them with a cute ribbon tied at the top.
My kids love this recipe. I made it for a bake sale recently, and my daughter was disappointed that one of the other mom's bought all that I made before the kids had a chance to buy any. I had to make more at home for her. The only change I made was that I used chocolate frosting from a can (try Betty Crocker Whipped in milk chocolate--it's delish!) I piped the frosting on top of the cups to look like soft serve ice cream and sprinkled rainbow sprinkles on top. Yummy!
easy way to transport...put them in a large plasticwear cake saver. Line them up in and upright position, packing snuggly!
these are great! You can also use a cake mix receipe in the same manner!:)
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Brownies >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Brownie Cupcakes >
- Brownie Mix Recipes >
- Brownie Recipes >
- Chocolate Brownie Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Brownies >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >