These brownie-filled ice cream cones are a fun addition to any summer gathering. They appeal to the child in everyone.—Mitzi Sentiff, Annapolis, Maryland
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 17 ice cream cake cones (about 3 inches tall)
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Colored sprinkles
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions, using 3 eggs. Place the ice cream cones in muffin cups; spoon about 3 tablespoons batter into each cone.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and tops are dry (do not overbake). Cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip tops of brownies in melted chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Decorate with sprinkles. Yield: 17 servings.
Originally published as Brownies in a Cone in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p226
Reviews for Brownies in a Cone
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review