Brownies from Heaven Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and cocoa; add to creamed mixture just until combined. Stir in walnuts.
- 2. Spread into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 23-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For frosting, in a small bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Beat in the confectioners' sugar, cocoa, milk and vanilla until smooth. Spread over brownies. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 319 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Brownies from Heaven
"These were the worst brownies I've ever made."
"I think something was wrong with recipe. I've been baking a long time and I'm currently a pastry chef at a country club. These brownies did not turn out with this recipe as written."
"The brownies are delicious! But the only problem is that they didn't set very well, and I had them in the oven way longer than the recipe called for..I cut them and they fell apart... But that is the only complaint... Just have to eat them with a fork instead;p"
"I have had these before and they are very delish...I make them for my grand kids and they actually help when they are with me."
"Have not made these brownies and am perfectly happy to have people express their opinions, but maybe we could do it differently. Perhaps, we found them dry, or would not make them again because have other recipes that we like better or ??? what is wrong with people that they must get so aggitated over a recipe. A person that cooks often can read a recipe and decide whether or not they want to try it and if it sounds good. Decision was yours to try this recipe and make opinion known, but lets try not to make anyone sharing or liking a recipe feel like they are being attacked."
"I agree with jblatter - not worth the trouble. I wouldn't even call them brownies - more like chocolate bars or something."
"igp5 ?? you honestly need to learn how to cook~ these are amazingly delish.... AND MOIST~ but then again.. your tackiness in writing on a cooking website says it all~ All i have to say is You all Need to Try this.. they are absolutely YUMMY!!!!! I put a bit of strong coffee in my topping ingredients and its was heavenly :D`"
"Don't know who named these, but I have tasted/made much better. Don't waste the time and money to make these."
"Our family has been making these heavenly brownies for several years now. So decadently sweet. Getting ready to make them now."
"I cooked these for the minimum time of 23 minutes, they were so dry you could hardly eat them. Brownies from [expletive] is more like it"