Take it from us...you won't have to coax kids out of their shells to help assemble adorable turtles made from muffin-shaped brownies.
- 1 package brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 32 pecan halves
- 16 butterscotch chips
- Caramel ice cream topping
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Stir chopped pecans into batter. Fill eight greased miniature muffin cups and eight greased regular-size muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes for miniature brownies and 23-25 minutes for regular-size brownies or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool completely in pans on wire racks.
- On eight dessert plates, place one regular-size brownie for the turtle's body and one small brownie for the head. Arrange four pecan halves around each body for feet. Insert butterscotch chips for eyes. Drizzle caramel topping over turtles. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Brownie Turtles in Country Woman May/June 2003, p44
Reviews for Brownie Turtles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review